Monday, October 12, 2009

Cleanse - Day 29


Yoda told me today that I need to start easing the forbidden foods back into my diet, to make things easier on my stomach. So at lunch today at Taco Surf with Jim I allowed myself 5 tortilla chips (regular ones!) dipped in good, wonderful, spicy salsa.

And tomorrow--my last day!--I will have a bowl of granola with fat free milk for breakfast. I can hardly wait.

I will officially break this fast tomorrow evening when I have a scheduled ministry dinner over at someone's house. I don't know what will be on the menu, but I'm hoping it will include cheese.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ever notice how hard it is to change patterns in life? For instance, today I went to El Dorado Park as I often do and I walked around the lake, as I often do. Only this time--for the first time ever, I believe--I walked around the lake counter-clockwise. It was weird, but wonderful. It was like walking around an entirely new lake. I kept looking off to the right to see the lake, but it was on my left. Nice change...

I tried this the other day with shaving and couldn't handle it. On a whim I decided to try shaving the other side of my face first. I made a couple passes and couldn't do anymore. My brain kept saying, What are you doing? We don't like to shave that way! Stop! Stop!

Changing patterns is tough. I hope with this whole cleanse thing I've changed some eating habits and patterns in my life. I hope my experience from here forward will be more like the lake walk than the face shaving.

Wish me luck...

2 comments:

Rebecca Snavely said...

This post corresponded exactly to an article I read the same day about engaging the right brain - blogged about you and that article: http://rebeccasnavely.blogspot.com/2009/10/youre-hard-habit-to-break-engaging.html

Can't wait to hear how many of the dietary changes stick with you. Next let's all do a chocolate fast - all chocolate, all the time. You in?

paul thomas said...

I am so in for a chocolate fast. Yes, yes I am.