Monday, September 28, 2009

Cleanse - Day 15: Half Empty or Half Full?


Generally speaking I am an optimist. I stay on the sunny side of life. So as I reach the midway point of this 30-day cleanse I feel very positive. The glass is half full. It may be half full of colon cleansing sludge, but it's half full.

************************************

Weariness the last couple of days was definitely protein-related. Yoda gave me a little talking to this morning when I told her I was feeling weak and lightheaded. You have to eat more, Paul. Eat some more protein. You're a man and men burn more calories. Eat!

Suitably chastened I went to the store and loaded up on a new batch of chicken breasts and felt much better after cooking a couple up for dinner.

Yoda is so wise and I am a young Jedi with much to learn.

************************************

On another note I think an old man may have flipped me off today. Yeah, I know! I was driving back to work after lunch in the park and I saw this really cool old dude wearing a lovely old man hat. If you know me a little bit you know that I am partial to old man hats. I have a few and I wear them, unapologetically.

But this guy caught me staring at him and he must not have felt my admiration because I'm pretty sure he lifted his right hand and gave me the old scratch the cheek with the middle finger trick. I can't be sure but he made this motion while looking at me with what I thought was a twinkle in his eye.

What nerve, huh? What spunk! It made me laugh out loud and smile all the way back to work. I've been thinking about him all day.

The old man hat gives one great chutzpah.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

If I am accorded the privilege of old age, I will be equally cantankerous.

paul thomas said...

Hear, hear!