Saturday, October 03, 2009

Cleanse - Day 19: Detroit Bar


I'm usually a homebody but this has been two nights out in a row for me. Went to Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa to see David Bazan and his band perform. Very, very good. Despite having to stand in one place for about 3 hours and the resulting lower back pain (I'm getting to old for these little club shows), it was well worth it to hear his new material live. The man claims to be an agnostic at best these days, but he's clearly still wrestling.

Everybody but yours truly had a drink or two.

Earlier in the day I got to spend a nice hour on the porch, sipping green tea and catching up with my Mom who was a hero to watch the kids tonight. (She took them to go see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and apparently it warranted three thumbs up.)

Off to bed. Eleven more days to go.

No comments: