Thursday, October 08, 2009

Cleanse - Day 25


Best cleanse day to date. I'll give you three reasons why and none of them have to do with food.

1. Went surfing this morning at the jetty at Bolsa Chica. I hit the tides right and the waves were breaking my way. Caught a couple of rights that were among the best rides I've had. (Disclaimer: only been surfing for 5 years so I still get excited about these things.) Water was warm enough for a spring suit, it wasn't crowded...all was right with the world.

2. Visited a beautiful old man at his house this afternoon who is dying of cancer. He may only have a few days left. I last saw him on Monday and he has clearly worsened in the last three days. But man, when he smiles... He has a grin that lights up the room and eyes that shine from deep within. I was happy to laugh with him, read to him, pray with him, and cry with him. He made me promise to come back. It was an easy promise to make.

3. Just got done watching the Angels beat the hated Red Sox 5-0! Maybe this is the year. Lackey pitched very well, there was clutch hitting... it feels like a (rally) monkey is off our backs. Let's make it 2 games to nil tomorrow night!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm a short-timer with this cleanse. Only 5 days to go...

No comments: