Monday, October 05, 2009

Cleanse - Days 21 & 22


In the midst of a busy life it's hard to keep up with this daily blogging. I received an email from a friend telling me how impressed she was that I was sticking to this cleanse thing. I replied back and told that, honestly, if I didn't have the accountability of having publicly committed myself I am sure I would have been eating pizza and cookie dough around Day 6. So thanks for reading and being prepared to give me you-know-what if I don't play out the hand.

My Yoda told me she was proud of me today too. I "confessed" to her (she's kind of like my Mother Superior too!) that Sunday night while at some friends house I ate a white bread bun with the turkey burger they so graciously made me. It was soooooo good. Yoda was very kind, absolved me of my sin, and told me to eat 10 hunks of broccoli as penance. Deal.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On another note, I'm very excited about the MLB post season and very nervous about the Angels having to face the Chowdaheads again. The wife and I have tics to game 1 and I'm not sure I can take another beat down at the hands of Boston. If the Halos get swept in this series (again) my first day off the cleanse could be down at O'Malley's drowning my sorrows in a pint or two.

(By the way, I'm tired of transplanted New Englanders and New Yorkers taking over Angel stadium. If Boston and New York are so great then move back there! I feel better.)

No comments: